Top Cancer Research Hospital Boosts Patient Experience and Business Efficiencies with Phunware Wayfinding Solution
Mobile wayfinding solution from Phunware helps patients, visitors and staff better navigate hospital facilities across Texas
Austin, Texas [August 22, 2018] – Today Phunware, a leading enterprise cloud platform for mobile, which provides software, solutions, data and services for brands worldwide, announced their selection by a top U.S. Cancer Research Hospital to integrate mobile wayfinding for patients, staff and visitors into their existing mobile application for facilities across Texas.
Missed healthcare appointments cost the U.S. healthcare system an incredible $150 billion per year. The integration of Phunware’s wayfinding technology aims to address one major cause of no-shows, helping patients, visitors, staff and administrators navigate complex healthcare facilities across Texas.
The app includes several features that address unique needs for hospital patients and staff, including:
Features for patients and visitors:
- Personalized Routing: Easily navigate the Hospital’s facilities from any configured point of interest to destinations within the hospital. The in-app map includes turn-by-turn directions and home-to-venue routing.
- Maps: Access indoor and outdoor maps that feature points of interest such as physician offices, cafeterias, elevators, etc., along with search and filter capabilities.
Features for staff and hospital administration:
- Update Facility Maps: Edit and manage facility maps from the cloud for construction updates, office location changes and more.
- Campaign Promotion: Promote hospital- and health-related campaigns to specific groups based on user attributes.
- Notifications and Alerts: Keep patients and visitors informed with location-based notifications.
“We’re extremely proud to be a part of this digital innovation project with the top cancer research hospital in Texas,” said Alan S. Knitowski, co-founder and CEO of Phunware. “Patient satisfaction stems from the first point of communication between patient and provider. Being able to navigate a complex facility makes hospital visits less stressful for patients, and being able to reach and inform patients with the push of button saves precious time and increases efficiency for staff.”
After a successful phase one implementation, Phunware’s scope of work will be expanded to include indoor blue dot navigation for each facility, as well as website and kiosk wayfinding.
Phunware is the pioneer of Multiscreen as a Service (MaaS), a fully integrated suite of platform products, solutions and data that allows brands to engage, manage and monetize their anytime, anywhere mobile application users worldwide. Phunware helps the world’s most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month. On February 28, 2018, Phunware also announced its intent to go public through a merger with Stellar Acquisition III, Inc. (Nasdaq: STLR), a publicly-traded blank check company, and to launch a cryptonetworking Token Generation Event (TGE) called PhunCoin. For more information about how Phunware is transforming the way consumers and brands interact with mobile in the virtual and physical worlds, visit www.phunware.com and follow @phunware on all social media platforms.